Sunday, May 23, 2010

Can you take Shaklee's fish oil (Omegaguard) if you are pregnant?

I'm not sure what the reason is that women are afraid to take fish oil while pregnant, but I'm guessing it is because of fear of mercury and contaminants, which Shaklee products do not contain.

Ultrapure and Pharmaceutical Grade
OmegaGuard is made with a proprietary, triple molecular distillation process that concentrates the natural beneficial omega-3 fatty acids while removing harmful compounds like mercury and lead that are found in many types of fish.


The first of many questions I will be answering:

"Can my pregnant wife take Fish Oil?"

First, Shaklee's Vitalizer contains Omegaguard, so I will tell you what the box says: "Caution: if pregnant, nursing or taking blood thinning medications consult a physician prior to use. Contains vitamin K." It does NOT say "do not take." You can find the label here.

Next, Shaklee's Omegaguard: I found NO warnings for pregnant women. You can find the label here.

No comments:

Post a Comment