Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Rant - Shark Tank Episode on Friday 11/1/13

I LOVE Shark Tank and I am for sure not bad mouthing them, nor the products I am about to mention. I just want to set the record straight because I couldn't believe this when I heard it. 

That first team of presenters on Shark Tank, when asked about competition - he said he doesn't know of any, and the sharks just believed that! WHAT?! I just couldn't believe what I was hearing!! Obviously, no one did their homework, as Shaklee has been making safe & natural, effective cleaners for about 50 years! Our Get Clean products are super-concentrated, which means much less packaging as well. I highly doubt that they are the largest in this space either. I don't know our numbers, but I'm quite certain that we are. How can you compete with 50 years?

I will say, I went to their website (I don't wish to name the product but I'm sure you can find it if you want), and, I applaud them for calling out their other competitors who say they are green or safe and are just green washing! Although I have no proof, it seems this new company may be a bit more like Shaklee, really green, really safe and really effective. Follow the Leader, as they say! :) But, again, I don't know because I have no proof of that, only what they say. I'm not going to bash or endorse them - at least they may have brought some more awareness to what's going on out there and I, for one, appreciate that. 

As far as saving the environment (being green) and saving money, we have them beat by FAR. I just found their concentrated gallon size of what looks to be an all purpose cleaner - it makes 20 - 32oz bottles (that = 5 gallons) and costs $77!!!!!!! OUCH. Basic H2 Retails at $43.80 for a 1/2 gallon and makes, are you ready? 192 GALLONS of all purpose cleaner!!! Which one SAVES YOU MORE MONEY????!!!

Of course, we both have smaller sizes as well, our 16 oz Basic H2 super-concentrate retails at $12.15. One bottle of Basic H2 equals the cleaning uses of 5,824 bottles of 26 oz. Windex®*! Their window cleaner comes in 32 oz and makes 32 oz of window cleaner. Cost, $6.99 on sale. Which is the better deal?! I choose to think you are smart enough to figure that out. The Shaklee prices I listed here are retail - most people join us and pay member price, which is even less expensive. 

When a product is not concentrated (or super concentrated as in the case of Shaklee products), the main ingredient is usually water. Pick up any window cleaner that you may have on hand and read the label - what's the first ingredient? Water? Are you paying for water in your cleaners? Dr. Shaklee knew that we could get water from our tap and so many years ago he decided that we would only ship the cleaner - you add your own water. Saves money and the environment. Seems smart to me.

Ok, I've spoke my peace - your turn to comment! FYI, I will not accept nasty comments or advertising your products here. I will approve comments that are respectful and have to do with the topic at hand. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment